Asia CNN news
- Indonesian indigenous islanders are rallying against plans to build a Chinese funded factory on their homeson September 23, 2023 at 12:34 pm
A plan to build a multi-billion dollar Chinese glass factory in Indonesia’s Riau Islands Archipelago has sparked fierce protests from indigenous islanders who are opposed to their villages being torn down.
- Nagorno-Karabakh crisis lays bare Armenia’s deteriorating relations with Russiaon September 23, 2023 at 12:34 pm
The crisis in Nagorno-Karabakh has come amid a sharp deterioration in the relationship between historic allies Armenia and Russia, and has been amplified by sometimes incendiary commentary from prominent individuals in Moscow.
- Exclusive: Satellite images show increased activity at nuclear test sites in Russia, China and USon September 23, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Russia, the United States and China have all built new facilities and dug new tunnels at their nuclear test sites in recent years, satellite images obtained exclusively by CNN show, at a time when tensions between the three major nuclear powers have risen to their highest in decades.
- China’s shadowy maritime militia is destroying coral reefs, Philippines claimson September 23, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Vibrant reefs filled with colorful fish and seaweed just two years ago have been turned into a wasteland of crushed corals in the South China Sea and the Philippines says it has identified a culprit — China’s shadowy maritime militia.
- South Korea ‘will not stand idly by’ if North Korea receives Russian nuclear weapons helpon September 23, 2023 at 12:34 pm
South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol warned on Wednesday that his country and its allies “will not stand idly by” if North Korea receives Russian help to boost its weapons of mass destruction — just days after the leaders of the two nuclear-armed nations held a closely watched summit.