Asia CNN news
- Imran Khan marks court presence as supporters clash with policeon March 23, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Pakistan’s former Prime Minister Imran Khan marked his presence at a much-awaited court appearance on Saturday in the capital city of Islamabad, leaving after the scheduled proceedings.
- Post Titleon March 23, 2023 at 10:36 pm
In 1984, British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher sat at a long table with Chinese Premier Zhao Ziyang in Beijing. They signed large red-bound documents with black fountain pens and shook hands. The crowd behind them applauded.
- New Zealand is spending $4 million to help teens recover from breakupson March 23, 2023 at 10:36 pm
New Zealand thinks it’s time for its teenagers to say “thank u, next” to their exes and they’re spending millions to make it happen.
- Taiwan recalls ambassador from Honduras, prepares to lose another diplomatic ally to Chinaon March 23, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Taiwan announced Thursday it will recall its ambassador to Honduras as ties between the two worsen, with the Central American nation preparing to switch diplomatic recognition from the self-governing island to China.
- Powerful earthquake kills at least 13 people in Afghanistan and Pakistanon March 23, 2023 at 10:36 pm
The death toll from a strong earthquake that struck northeast Afghanistan on Tuesday could rise much higher, authorities warned Wednesday, after tremors were felt in several major Pakistani cities and as far away as the Indian capital New Delhi.